Since 2007 PICC has helped make Palm Island a better place to live. We are a not-for-profit company dedicated to creating a safer, stronger and more prosperous community.
Our workforce is over 100 strong and serves nearly all local residents of Palm Island, making PICC the second-largest employer on Palm Island.
We have a diverse range of roles available in allied health, medical, retail, hospitality, horticulture, social and community services, automotive repairs, business and administration. The skills and experience required to work for PICC is as diverse as our services, which means we may have a role for you regardless of your level of qualifications.
PICC employees have access to many opportunities for training, career development and gaining experience across the broad spectrum of roles on offer. We also offer a competitive salary and other employment benefits.
By working for PICC, you will be making a genuine difference to the Palm Island Community. If this interests you, we are interested in hearing from you.
Casual Transport Officer (Palm Island)
PICC is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the wellbeing and prosperity of the Palm Island Community through the provision of a range of social services and enterprises. PICC has been in operation since 2007 and is the second largest employer on Palm Island. We are currently seeking expression of interests from community members who are available to commence working on a casual basis immediately to competently and safely drive PICC’s bus.
As the Transport Officer, you are responsible for providing a safe, reliable transportation service to assist with a range of activities and services provided by the Palm Island Community Company Limited (PICC).
- Collecting staff from and to the Airport
- Support the transportation needs of:
- CFC patients
- Palm Island community Elders
- Young people with a disability and their carers
- Maintain transportation equipment in good condition
- Must hold a current Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Must hold a current C-Class Drivers Licence
- Must have current accommodation on Palm Island
- First Aid and CPR Certificate or willing to obtain
How to Apply
If you meet all the mandatory requirements, please email your colour copy of your current driver’s licence (front and back) and Blue Card (signed by a JP) along with your résumé and employment application form (a copy can be downloaded below) to email@example.com. For further information, please contact HR on 4421 4300.
Cleaners – Casual Pool
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support to PICC employees and clients by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in facilities of the Palm Island Community Company. These services are designed to meet the needs of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of Palm Island, in particular, the safety of children, young people and their families.
PICC is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the welfare and prosperity of the Palm Island Community through the provision of a range of social services and enterprises. PICC has been in operation since 2007 and is the second largest employer on Palm Island.
- The applicant must hold a current Blue Card by the Commissions for Children and Young People and Child Guardian or be eligible to obtain a Blue Card (a current Blue Card must be maintained throughout period of employment).
- The applicant must hold a current “C” Class Driver's Licence
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Communicates sensitively and effectively with other employees
- Willingness to undertake training
- Able to work after-hours shifts
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and application form in person, by fax (07 4422 0022) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact HR on 4421 4300 or email email@example.com for further information.
Position Descriptions and Application Forms
SIGN UP NOW. Get all of our latest updated by signing up to our newsletter.