Since 2007 PICC has helped make Palm Island a better place to live. We are a not-for-profit company dedicated to creating a safer, stronger and more prosperous community.
Our workforce is over 100 strong and serves nearly all local residents of Palm Island, making PICC the second-largest employer on Palm Island.
We have a diverse range of roles available in allied health, medical, retail, hospitality, horticulture, social and community services, automotive repairs, business and administration. The skills and experience required to work for PICC is as diverse as our services, which means we may have a role for you regardless of your level of qualifications.
PICC employees have access to many opportunities for training, career development and gaining experience across the broad spectrum of roles on offer. We also offer a competitive salary and other employment benefits.
By working for PICC, you will be making a genuine difference to the Palm Island Community. If this interests you, we are interested in hearing from you.
Registered Nurse – Children and Family Centre
(Full Time / Part Time)
The Palm Island Community Company (PICC) is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our dynamic team at the PICC Primary Health Clinic on Palm Island.
The purpose of the Registered Nurse (RN) role is to deliver comprehensive, quality clinical services and culturally appropriate care to the Palm Island Community. This role requires the RN to work as part of the PICC multidisciplinary team and to contribute towards ensuring daily Medicare targets and performance objectives are met.
The purpose of the Palm Island Children and Family Centre (CFC) is to provide a safe and supportive Centre for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children and their families. The Centre provides universal health and social services relevant to Palm Island population health needs.
- Registration (current) with Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- Meet necessary background and security checks
- Experience working in an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community based services is preferred
- Immunisation Endorsement would be advantageous but not essential
- Awareness of the legislation underpinning nursing practice and health care
- Strong focus on patient centered, evidence-based nursing care
- Demonstrated high standards of professional and ethical practice
- Experience in multidisciplinary enhanced primary care and team care
- Commitment to the professional development of self, colleagues and advancing local employment opportunities on Palm Island
- Experience in the application and use of medical software systems and the ability to adapt quickly to same
How to Apply
Applications close 5.00 p.m., Monday, 28 September 2020. To apply for this position, please email a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please contact HR on 4421 4300.
Cleaners – Casual Pool
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support to PICC employees and clients by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in facilities of the Palm Island Community Company. These services are designed to meet the needs of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of Palm Island, in particular, the safety of children, young people and their families.
PICC is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the welfare and prosperity of the Palm Island Community through the provision of a range of social services and enterprises. PICC has been in operation since 2007 and is the second largest employer on Palm Island.
- The applicant must hold a current Blue Card by the Commissions for Children and Young People and Child Guardian or be eligible to obtain a Blue Card (a current Blue Card must be maintained throughout period of employment).
- The applicant must hold a current “C” Class Driver's Licence
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Communicates sensitively and effectively with other employees
- Willingness to undertake training
- Able to work after-hours shifts
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and application form in person, by fax (07 4422 0022) or by email (email@example.com). Please contact HR on 4421 4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or an application form.
Position descriptions for open positions
SIGN UP NOW. Get all of our latest updated by signing up to our newsletter.