Since 2007 PICC has helped make Palm Island a better place to live. We are a not-for-profit company dedicated to creating a safer, stronger and more prosperous community.
Our workforce is over 100 strong and serves nearly all local residents of Palm Island, making PICC the second-largest employer on Palm Island.
We have a diverse range of roles available in allied health, medical, retail, hospitality, horticulture, social and community services, automotive repairs, business and administration. The skills and experience required to work for PICC is as diverse as our services, which means we may have a role for you regardless of your level of qualifications.
PICC employees have access to many opportunities for training, career development and gaining experience across the broad spectrum of roles on offer. We also offer a competitive salary and other employment benefits.
By working for PICC, you will be making a genuine difference to the Palm Island Community. If this interests you, we are interested in hearing from you.
Mechanical Tradesperson – Palm Automotive
Townsville / Palm Island
PICC is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the wellbeing and prosperity of the Palm Island Community through the provision of a range of social services and enterprises. PICC has been in operation since 2007 and is the second largest employer on Palm Island.
We are currently seeking a skilled qualified Mechanic to work at our workshops in Townsville and Palm Island in a full-time capacity with the ability to work unsupervised. As part of the role you will be required to assemble, maintain and repair vehicles and responsible for the functionality and reliability of the vehicles. If you have attention to details, excellent listening skills and work ethics, good eye-hand coordination, diagnostic fault finding and problem solving, including excellent communication skills and customer service, then you are the Mechanical Tradesperson we are looking for!
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to
vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Must possess a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade and/or additional qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instructions, blueprints etc.
- Strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proven experience and knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Must hold a current C-class Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel to Palm Island as required
How to Apply
Applications close Sunday 29 November 2020. To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, résumé and qualifications to email@example.com. For further information please contact HR on 4421 4300.
Cleaners – Casual Pool
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support to PICC employees and clients by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in facilities of the Palm Island Community Company. These services are designed to meet the needs of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of Palm Island, in particular, the safety of children, young people and their families.
PICC is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the welfare and prosperity of the Palm Island Community through the provision of a range of social services and enterprises. PICC has been in operation since 2007 and is the second largest employer on Palm Island.
- The applicant must hold a current Blue Card by the Commissions for Children and Young People and Child Guardian or be eligible to obtain a Blue Card (a current Blue Card must be maintained throughout period of employment).
- The applicant must hold a current “C” Class Driver's Licence
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Communicates sensitively and effectively with other employees
- Willingness to undertake training
- Able to work after-hours shifts
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and application form in person, by fax (07 4422 0022) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact HR on 4421 4300 or email email@example.com for further information or an application form.
Position Descriptions and Application Forms
SIGN UP NOW. Get all of our latest updated by signing up to our newsletter.