Coronavirus update: Winter 2020
To date there have been no cases of COVID–19 recorded on Palm Island. In Townsville, there are currently no known active COVID–19 cases; all have recovered.
To prevent the spread of viruses, particularly COVID-19, please follow these simple steps:
- Practise social distancing.
- Cough into the inside of your elbow instead of your hand.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds after you cough, sneeze, go to the toilet or before you make food – or use hand sanitiser if water is unavailable.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty hands, especially your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Remember, if you feel unwell, stay at home.
- Wear a mask when in densely populated areas, or in confined spaces with other people.
Everyone is doing a great job; keep up the good work!
SIGN UP NOW. Get all of our latest updated by signing up to our newsletter.