Diversionary Program Coordinator
Palm Island Community Company (PICC) is seeking a Diversionary Program Coordinator. The PICC Diversionary Service provides support and intervention to people on Palm Island who are vulnerable, with complex needs, may be intoxicated, or at risk of misusing substances in public spaces or at risk of entering police custody. The Diversionary Program Coordinator role is a challenging key leadership role which will see you managing all aspects of the Diversionary Program. The Coordinator will ensure that all program services are providing the highest level of support possible to the program clients.
- The applicant must hold a current “C” Class Driver’s Licence
- The ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- The knowledge of clan/kin/family groups and dynamics with the community of Palm Island
- The understanding of the underlying issues that contribute to use of alcohol and other drugs and social and emotional wellbeing
- The understanding of the models of practice in working with clients in diversionary activities
- The knowledge of local support services within the community
- The experience in a coordination or management role including the ability to manage crisis and conflict situations effectively and efficiently
- Willingness to participate in both formal and informal training and professional development that ensures best practice in both coordination of service and client service
A competitive remuneration package including salary packaging is available to the successful applicant and the opportunity to make a real difference within the organisation.
How to apply
Applications close on Friday 24 May 2019. To apply for this position, or for a copy of the position description, please email a completed application form, copy of your resume and cover letter to Charmaine at email@example.com.
PICC is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the welfare and prosperity of the Palm Island Community through the provision of a range of social services and enterprises. PICC has been in operation since 2007 and is the second-largest employer on Palm Island.
SIGN UP NOW. Get all of our latest updated by signing up to our newsletter.